VOLANTE! This is the new machine from the Californian geeks announced at winter NAMM 2019. And on this occasion, Strymoniens shows us that there is change! New case and new connectors that set the brand standards, coming in 2019 and later. And of course, always the same creativity and the same fabulous algorithms that made the brand so successful.
So what is it? Well Volante is the ultimate magnetic Echo that will make everyone agree. Within this pretty olive green pedal, there are 3 types of magnetic delays with unique multi-head management: Drums, Tape and Reel-to-reel. The pinnacle of tape echo. With simply the best in tape echo and a fabulous recreation of the famous Binson Echorec. Please note, we are not talking here about a commercial adaptation as many brands could offer, just with a catchy name. But indeed a global analysis of an original concept, its understanding, its adaptation and its transformation into something even more powerful and inspiring than the original. Wait, that's not all! The icing on the cake, the Volante also includes a magnificent Spring Reverb and a Looper for the most creative among you.
The Volante is loaded with features that will allow you to capture all the nuances and complexity of machines of this type, recreating the atmosphere of the best albums of the genre, from Pink Floyd to Led Zeppelin and others. Every detail, every physical and random phenomenon that makes up the mythical sound of magnetic machines has been skilfully integrated into this superb, totally unique delay. Besides, it's not just a delay for a guitarist, but a huge sound machine for all instrumentalists.
At the heart of the Volante, a control surface allowing access to 4 reading heads and as many possible interactions. You can create complex rhythmic patterns and totally unique and atmospheric moods and textures.
And the sound in all this? Simply the best machine of its kind. With an analog input stage and a 100% analog dry signal that has never been converted, it in no way alters the original character of your instrument and the rest of your audio system. Here, no drastic and unwelcome digital conversion, no noise, no outrageous attenuation... The Volante is transparent for your signal, natural and extremely musical. The original dynamics and response of the instrument (or otherwise!) are retained and the overall quality of the effect is equivalent to the best pro audio benchmarks of its kind (but for a fraction of the price!)
We could write hundreds of lines about the amazing qualities and possibilities of the Volante, but the easiest way is simply to try it. Because once your first layer has been created and turned on a loop, it's a safe bet that you will remain glued to its bewitching magnetic tapes and planing, almost infinite sounds...
- Multi-head magnetic delay with 4 playback heads with individual feedback, panning, and level
- Powerful algorithms delivering meticulous and nuanced recreations of vintage magnetic echo systems (drum echo, tape echo, studio reel-to-reel echo)
- Dedicated advanced controls of the selected media and its sound through various controls: Low Cut, Mechanics, Wear
- Record Level input for a perfect reproduction of the natural saturations typical of these machines. From the clearest to the warmest and most saturated
- Fully independent vintage spring reverb
- Sound on Sound type looper with reverse mode, pause, cut and repeats / infinite loops
- High impedance stereo inputs, stereo outputs
- Input level selection for instrument or line level
- Footswitches: On, Favorite, and Tap Tempo
- Expression input to connect an expression pedal, an external tap tempo, a 1/4″ MIDI cable or a MultiSwitch Plus.
- Full MIDI support with MIDI CCs, program changes and more...
- USB output to control MIDI functions via a computer
- 100% analog dry signal, zero latency, zero digital conversion
- JFET type input stage, ultra transparent.
- Ultra low noise level and 24-bit 96kHz converters, 32-bit processing
- Latest generation SHARC processor.
- Frequency response from 20Hz to 20kHz
- True bypass, analog buffer, killdry...
- Rugged construction with studio-grade knobs, buttons and jacks
- Chassis in anodized aluminum, laser engraved
- Made and designed in the USA