After the El Capistan and Brigadier tidal wave, Strymon does it again with the TimeLine, an ultra-complete machine entirely dedicated to delays of all kinds! With the TimeLine, you have 12 different types of totally configurable delays! It is impossible to review them all on this page, but you will find, among other things, a Tape Echo, Analog delay, digital delay, Dual Delay, a Reverse mode, etc. Each mode has a dedicated settings menu where you can adjust the advanced functions specific to each of them. From the High Pass filter to the dynamics of the attack, including settings for sensitivity, depth, LFO and more, the TimeLine allows you to sculpt your sound in the smallest details. In terms of general settings, we find the usual settings for time, feedback and mix. These are common to all modes. The secondary Filter, Grit, Speed and Depth settings change according to the chosen Delay.
TimeLine is not only an effect pedal, it is also a very complete Looper! You get a Stereo Looper allowing 30 sec. recording with the possibility of overdubs, define an entry / exit point, route it pre or post delay. You can also access Reverse and Half Speed mode via a MIDI footswitch. You can also connect an expression pedal to control any button / combination of buttons / parameter on the fly. The icing on the cake, you can switch from Stereo mode to Feedback Loop mode to use any insert effect and process the echo as you wish. For example, you can "flangerize" the repetitions of the TimeLine with an Orbit Flanger or add a Rotary effect with Lex etc...
The TimeLine makes it easy to save 200 MIDI presets. No complicated backup procedure or huge manual to read here, you can create an original preset in less than 30 seconds. Total MIDI support allows the TimeLine to be integrated into the most complex configurations with maximum flexibility (CC and PC supported).
Let's talk a bit about sound. Well it's Strymon! The signal remains intact, it is never converted wildly. The 100% analog input stage retains all the thickness and density of your original sound. So you have a 100% analog "dry" signal, paralleled with the digitally generated effect, which benefits from 24-bit 96kHz converters. Whether you're looking for classic or totally psychedelic delays, the TimeLine has it for you. The analog, bucket, tape modes are astoundingly realistic, the creative delays are almost limitless. In short, it's very high-end, professional, as always with the brand.
The TimeLine benefits from stereo inputs and outputs and a true bypass. It is entirely made in the USA and built around a brushed aluminum frame, like all the brand's models. A psychedelic delay for creatives!
- Handcrafted, studio-class delay
- 12 delay types: dTape™, dBucket™, Digital, Dual, Pattern, Reverse, Ice, Duck, Swell, Trem, Filter, Lo-fi
- 7 potentiometers allow you to sculpt your custom sound: Time, Repeats, Mix, Filter, Grit, Mod Speed, Mod Depth
- Additional menus / settings for maximum flexibility and configurable delays down to the smallest detail
- 200 accessible MIDI presets, backup and recall immediately accessible through a single footswitch
- LED screen to show information about presets, BPM/time readout and other parameters
- MIDI implementation for full interaction with complete MIDI configurations (rack, studio use, etc.)
- 3 main footswitches for preset selections, bypass, looper control modes, and Tap Tempo
- 30-second Looper mode, 24-bit stereo, routable pre- or post-delay, and MIDI integration
- Stereo inputs and outputs
- Possibility to connect an expression pedal to control, on the fly, the parameters of one or more buttons (saving by active preset)
- MIDI input and output
- Configurable I/O configuration: Stereo or Mono outputs with Delay Feedback Loop insert
- 115db signal to noise ratio, high quality 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters
- Analog dry path, the “dry” signal is never converted. Zero latency
- High performance DSPs
- 32-bit processing