Strymon continues to expand its ecosystem by adding a new Eurorack to its catalog, the Starlab! After translating the Volante into a creative war machine called Magneto, Strymon returns with an upgraded version of the Nightsky called Starlab. High-end reverb module integrating delay, modulations, synths and more... Starlab offers almost infinite possibilities to magnify your signal.
Externally, the Californians offer us an ultra qualitative product. Beautiful finish, high quality PCB and components. It's Strymon and it shows!
So what is Starlab? Difficult to summarize so many possibilities in a few lines. But in short, Starlab is the rack that will allow you to spatialize in a 3D way everything you will enter. And with the AA.1 module, you can even inject guitar sounds!
A Unique Modular Reverb
From the meticulously voiced Room to the most massive and immersive reverbs with infinite decay, StarLab gives you the pinnacle of high-end reverb sounds with unparalleled depth and spatialization. Add intervals with the Shimmer function, enhance the harmonic spectrum with the Glimmer module, all while enjoying real-time control over the size and pitch of your reverb.
Modulation and Delay Effects
StarLab greatly expands what a traditional reverb pre-delay can do. In effect, it allows you to bus-out the pre-delay signal to the output while making the pre-delay time a modulation target. This translates into the ability to create rich choruses, sweeping flanger effects like no other, and beautiful modulated delays, while also processing the signal through reverb.
Karplus-Strong String Synth
In addition to processing the input signal, StarLab is a powerful Karplus-Strong type synth voice module. Module that allows freely alternating bowing/pinching type effects as well as dynamic string damping/damping. This gives you an incredibly expressive and realistic instrument with a unique voice. It can be improved and used via all of the modules embedded within StarLab.
It would be totally utopian to sum up all the power and creative possibilities offered by Starlab. We therefore invite you to consult the list below (non-exhaustive) to find out more about what this ultra-powerful machine can offer you. The easiest way is still to consult the many videos offered by the brand to immerse yourself and let yourself be enveloped by Starlab.
Strymon is once again hitting hard with a big kick in the world of modular. This second transformed test demonstrates the enormous know-how of the brand. Definitely a new reference of the genre.
- Three selectable reverb types for a wide variety of ambient textures
- DELAY/KARPLUS section with feedback section
- Output assignable delay for mod/verb and delay/verb effects
- Four-octave Karplus-Strong synth with damping control for total control
- LFO section with various waveforms for modulating delay, reverb size or tone filters
- FILTER section to sculpt the high and low EQ of the reverb and the DELAY/KARPLUS section
- HARMONICS section to enrich the sound spectrum of the reverb
- Adjustable SHIMMER effect to add pitch shifting up to +/- 1 octave to the reverb
- GLIMMER effect to dynamically enhance harmonics
- Adjustable reverb core size to increase or decrease reflection space, allowing reverb pitch control
- 4-pole 24dB/octave low-pass filter with variable resonance
- INFINITE effect freezes input audio before reverb tank
- Independent WET and DRY level controls
- Stereo inputs and outputs
- Extended CV control of parameters
- Access to four presets from the front panel
- USB socket (located on the back) to perform firmware updates