With the Ola Chorus, our favorite team of geeks wanted to offer an extremely organic, complete and versatile Chorus. No suspense, the result lives up to our expectations, as always with the Californians from Strymon!
The Ola Chorus has 3 main modes of use. 2 Chorus modes (dBucket chorus and multi chorus) and 1 vibrato mode are available. The Chorus dBucket mode is an extremely warm and deep chorus based on a logarithmic type LFO using a single delay line. The Multi Chorus mode is a tri-chorus using 3 separate delay lines in the purest "LA Sound" style with the ability to never become messy and always remain perfectly defined and dynamic. The attack is not "puffy" and you retain the response of your instrument (ideal for solos) even with a high Mix level. The Vibrato mode is based on a sinusoidal LFO and allows you to recreate a "classic" vibrato from the best references of the genre. Each effect can be associated with a dynamic mode of your choice, normal, envelope (the effect is injected dynamically according to the intensity of your playing) and ramp (the effect arrives through a fade-in more or less progressive).
You will find the usual speed and depth controls, but also a 100% analog Mix and a Tone button to sculpt your chorus / vibrato by acting on the top of the spectrum. A Ramp-Env button will adjust the sensitivity of the dynamic modes. Regarding the "audiophile" qualities of the Chorus Strymon, the Ola is ultra natural, organic and warm. Subtle or very present, it never sounds cold or "cliché" but on the contrary, in a natural way with a spatialization to make the best "rack" references of its kind pale!
Finally, the Favorite function (widespread throughout the range) allows you to save an additional preset, so two totally different sounds immediately accessible. The equivalent of two pedals in one! The Ola is true bypass and has stereo inputs and outputs. It is entirely made in the USA and built around a brushed aluminum frame, like all the brand's models.
- Hand crafted dBucket algorithm for highly accurate reproduction of every stage of an analog bucket brigade chip.
- Super low noise, high performance A/D and D/A converters w/ 110dB signal to noise
- High performance DSP stuffed into a compact form factor
- 3 modulation types (chorus, muti-mode chorus, vibrato)
- 3 dynamic modes (normal, ramp, envelope)
- Controllable ramp speed | envelope sensitivity
- Global tone control for the overall color of your modulation
- Mix control for dialing in various modulation intensities
- TRUE BYPASS (electromechanical relay switching)
- Stereo input and output
- Favorite footswitch for saving your favorite setting
- Powered with a standard 9V center negative DC supply. Compatible with all major DC supply brands. Current consumption 250mA
- Premium analog front end and output section
- No-nonsense user interface
- Strong and lightweight blue anodized aluminum chassis
- Crafted in the USA