Mobius is the second entirely MIDI and "Multi-Effects" pedal from the Californians at Strymon. An ultra-complete machine entirely dedicated to modulations (and much more!) of all kinds, the Mobius offers you 12 different types of modulations that are totally configurable down to the smallest detail! Impossible to review everything on this page, but you will find among other things: 5 different Choruses ranging from Multi to Digital via Detune... 6 Flanger, Rotary, Vibe, Phaser (2 to 16 floors!) Filters (wah, high pass...) Auto Swell, Pattern Trem, Vintage Trem and finally exclusive modes for the most creative, such as Formant, Destroyer and Quadrature modes.
Mobius is not just a simple effect pedal. Above all, it will be an extremely advanced tool for composition and musical creation for guitarists, keyboards, DJs, creators of electronic music or films, etc.
First contact with the pedal, the interface. It generally takes over that of the TimeLine. Simple and user-friendly, Strymon geeks always keep in mind this very appreciable "user friendly" side. In terms of controls, we find the usual speed / depth / level specific to most modulation effects, but also the possibility of assigning any function to the two Param knobs, this by preset which makes it even simpler interaction with each user preset that can be "customized" at will. About the presets, there are 200 immediately accessible to "unpacking". Attention, here no window dressing, all of these are totally usable in a multitude of contexts without making the slightest modification!
The various accessible modes make it possible to cover 99.99% of the needs of a current guitarist. The possibilities offered are enormous (while remaining simple to set up). MIDI support will finally allow you to have 10 different Flangers, or 5 Choruses and 7 Tremolos if you like! (and why not MÔsieur???) All this in less than a second.
The Mobius also benefits from an extremely powerful function. The "PRE/POST". To put it simply, this configurable function for each preset will allow you to place the Mobius in two different places within your effects chain. For example, you want to use a Flanger before the preamp of your amp "à la Van Halen", but also a very spacialized Chorus via the effects loop? It's possible! Do you want to use a Vibe at the head of your effects and also a Chorus after your Distortion pedals? It is again possible. All you have to do is use the insert provided for this purpose (instead of the Stereo connector) and set the desired position for each of your presets. Flexibility at the top.
Ah yes... We haven't talked about the sound yet? Well, we invite you to watch the many videos available, these being very representative of the exceptional qualities of the Mobius... It's a Strymon, so it's quite simply a reference of its kind!
Small additional note, the 100% analog input stage allows you to retain all the thickness and density of your original sound. So you have a 100% analog "dry" signal, paralleled with the digitally generated effect, which benefits from 24-bit 96kHz converters.
Mobius benefits from stereo inputs and outputs, a true bypass as well as a "trail" mode (allows you to interrupt the effect gradually when you turn it off). It is entirely made in the USA and built around a brushed aluminum frame, like all the brand's models. The ultimate modulation pedal! 9V power supply provided
- Handcrafted, studio-class multi-modulation
- 12 modulation types: Chorus, Flanger, Rotary, Vibe, Phaser, Filter, Formant, Vintage Trem, Pattern Trem, Autoswell, Destroyer, Quadrature
- 5 potentiometers allow you to sculpt your custom sound: Speed, Depth, Level, Param 1, Param 2 (Param 1 and 2 are customizable)
- User-friendly menus / many additional settings for maximum flexibility
- 200 accessible MIDI presets, backup and recall immediately accessible through a single footswitch
- LED screen to show information about presets, BPM and other parameters
- MIDI implementation for full interaction with complete MIDI configurations (rack, studio use, etc.)
- 3 main footswitches for preset, bypass and tap tempo selections
- Stereo inputs and outputs
- Possibility to connect an expression pedal to control, on the fly, the parameters of one or more buttons (saving by active preset)
- MIDI input and output
- PRE/POST mode to insert Mobius at 2 different places in your effects chain in a fraction of a second
- 110db signal-to-noise ratio, high quality 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters
- Line and Instrument levels supported
- Analog dry path, the “dry” signal is never converted. Zero latency
- High performance DSPs
- 32-bit processing
- Crafted with love in the USA