Since its creation, the Californian brand has continued to surprise us and reshape the effects pedal market with great innovation, technology and creativity. In 2018, Strymon takes on the mysterious and very specific users of Euroracks and Modular Synths, with a sort of mega-El Capistan on steroids across the board!
So what is Magneto? Well it's a Eurorack which according to our Americans is a kind of interstellar emachine capable of creating soundscapes and sounds from another world! Just that ;) You can add sound layers on layers of harmonics and rhythms of all kinds, this within an ultra enveloping stereo field. You will rediscover your modular machines by injecting the warmth of vintage devices and a "retrofuturistic" soul into your sound creations.
Packed with powerful features while maintaining intuitive playability, Magneto is a multi-head stereo tape multi-delay that also functions as a looper, phrase sampler, vintage spring reverb, phase-aligned clock multiplier, oscillator chaotic, zero-latency sub-oscillator and more, with plenty of CV I/O... With Magneto, transform a simple monophonic signal into complex orchestrations. Create new oscillator sounds using self-oscillation. Add a complex stereo dimension to your sound and color your sounds with the characteristic color of a high quality tape echo. Magneto transforms even the smallest rack into a fully expressive and immersive instrument.
It would be totally utopian to summarize all the power and the creative possibilities offered by Strymon within the Magneto. We therefore invite you to consult the list below (non-exhaustive) to find out more about what this ultra-powerful machine can offer you. The easiest way is still to consult the many videos offered by the brand to immerse yourself and let yourself be enveloped by Magneto.
Strymon is once again hitting hard with a big kick in the world of modular. This first try is hardly transformed that we are already impatient to see what the Californian geeks are preparing for their next masterstroke!
- Tape echo simulation based on in-house dTape algorithm, with four playback heads and one record head
- 3 operating modes: echo with inversion, looper and phrase sampler
- Varispeed algorithm with 8:1 speed range and Stop/Start effect
- Maximum delay/loop time: 15 seconds at maximum speed, two minutes at minimum speed
- Minimum delay time: 200 microseconds at maximum speed
- Control of tape mechanical aspects, machine condition, tape age and wear, wow and flutter, low-cut filter, - repeats (until auto -oscillation),
- Transport controls (knobs and CV inputs) for real-time operation, including Infinite to capture a particular event or use Magneto as an oscillator, Restart and its dedicated CV input. Speed and its CV input
- Pitch quantization mode
- Shift mode to create rhythmically pitched delays
- 15 ranges to choose from
- Level control of the reading heads
- Individual assignment of feedback to heads regardless of playback level
- 3 stereo panning options: left/right/left/right, left/right/right/left and a customizable Center
- CV inputs and outputs for the clock with phase alignment and synchronization; range between 50ms and 15s
- Recording input level for clean sounds up to saturation
- Sound generator with self-oscillation
- Independent spring reverb
- Tap Tempo with time range between 50ms and 15s
- Tap CV with time range between 10ms and 15s
- 2 inputs and outputs left / right
- Shipping and return
- 1 input and 4 outputs for the clock
- 96 kHz sampling rate
- Dimensions: 28 HP - 41 mm depth