BigSky is the third fully MIDI and "Multi-Effects" pedal from the Californians at Strymon. An ultra-complete machine entirely dedicated to reverb(s) (and many more!) of all kinds, the BigSky offers you 12 types, all different and totally configurable down to the smallest detail! On the program, huge Halls, fast and complex Plates, a fully customizable Spring (you can even choose the number of springs!), a custom Swell, ultra-complex Blooms, nebulous Clouds, an impressive multi Shimmer -lines and other totally exclusive reverb(s).
The Strymon BigSky is more than just an effect pedal. Above all, it will be an extremely sophisticated tool for composition and musical creation for guitarists, keyboards, DJs, singers, creators of electronic music or films, etc... With colossal computing power and more than 300 presets available, the BigSky offers you the must of its kind in pedal format and puts within your reach sonic possibilities previously reserved for large studio bikes worth several thousand euros.
I see some who say "ohlala the gas plant!" Well no. No way! Not a single second. The BigSky is extremely simple and quick to learn, the interface is logical and clear. Strymon has made it efficient and accessible by allowing you to interact with parameters that really have an impact on sound and that will allow you to develop your ideas and your creativity, without having a BAC +10!
The BigSky being the first Strymon pedal really open to all types of instruments and uses, the Californian geeks had the excellent idea of integrating a high-quality speaker simulator into it that will allow you to use the latter in multiple scenarios. For example, you can use the pedal directly on a mixer or a sound system. Ideal if you want to process, not an electric guitar, but a voice, an acoustic guitar, a violin or any other amplified instrument. For "electric" guitarists, one could for example use the BigSky at the end of the pedalboard. This then acts as an audio interface with your computer or headset. You can then use all of your OD's, distortions and other pedals without any amp, the BigSky takes care of everything!
As usual from Strymon, the pedal offers an expression input to control a knob or group of knobs on the fly. What could be more impressive than being able to control, for example, the tone of a shimmer and its diffusion in real time? Or go from a simple room to a hall reverb "in the clouds"? All this, the BigSky offers it to you, the possibilities are then almost limitless!
BigSky is also full MIDI support. You can therefore control it through any MIDI controller. Also, save and send presets from your computer with the Strymon editor. Or combine it with the Strymon TimeLine and Mobius for monumental computing power and endless creative possibilities! The equivalent of 36 pedals in just 3 units, woah!
Add to that the spillover and a Killdry function to use the pedal in a mixer or a parallel loop and you have, THE most complete reverb pedal on the market.
And the sound in all this? One word sums it all up..."Excellence". This is due to the very design of the BigSky. This is almost completely transparent. With a dry signal and a mix (programmable) 100% analog and never converted, it does not alter the original character of your instrument and the rest of your audio system. Here, no drastic and unwelcome digital conversion, no noise, outrageous attenuation... The BigSky is transparent for your signal, natural and extremely musical. The dynamics and the original response of the instrument (or other!) are preserved and the overall quality of the effect is equivalent to the best "rack" references of its kind (but for a fraction of the price!)
We could write hundreds of lines about the amazing qualities and possibilities of the BigSky, but the easiest way is simply to try it. Because once the first chord is played, it's a safe bet that you will stay with your head in this "big cloud" for a very, very, very long time...
- Handcrafted, studio-class reverb
- 12 different reverb modes: Room, Hall, Plate, Spring, Swell, Bloom, Cloud, Chorale, Shimmer, Magneto, Nonlinear, Reflections
- 7 buttons on the front to sculpt your sound: Decay, Pre-Delay, Mix, Tone, Mod, Param 1, Param 2 (assignable by preset)
- 300 presets
- Infinite Sustain and Freeze function at the touch of a footswitch (assignable by preset)
- Spillover and Persist modes to keep reverb tails, even when changing banks
- High quality speaker simulator for recording and use on PA systems
- Full MIDI support
- Chassis in anodized aluminum, laser engraved
- Rugged construction with studio-grade knobs, buttons and jacks
- Stereo inputs and outputs, input for expression pedal and external tap switch (controllable on the fly and by preset)
- 100% analog dry signal, zero latency, zero digital conversion
- Ultra low noise level and 24-bit 96kHz converters, 32-bit processing
- Signal noise at 115dB, frequency response from 20Hz to 20kHz
- Input level at +8dBu max, line and instrument level compatible
- True bypass, analog buffer, killdry, +/- 3db boost (assignable by preset)
- Made and designed in the USA