The JAM Pedals Harmonious Monk is one of the brand's best-sellers. It comes back to us today in MK.2 version resulting from a collaboration with That Pedal Show. The Harmonious Monk MK.2 is an ultra complete Tremolo, but then, really, extremely complete! One of the most feature-rich on the market, that's for sure.
The MK.1 version was already huge, but the MK.2 is totally over-equipped.
Externally it is a JAM Pedals, it has a hand painted finish. Each pedal will therefore be slightly different from one copy to another. The controls are numerous as we will see:
- Depth and Speed controls for the depth and speed of the effect.
- Level and Mix controls for the output level and the blend between the dry signal and the processed signal.
- 2 toggle switches: the first allows you to choose the type of tremolo (Harmonic or Amplitude), the second offers 3 waveforms (Square, Sin, Reverse Sawtooth).
- 2 foot-switches: the first is a classic bypass, the second is a multi-function Tap Tempo (Tempo, adjustment and access to Ramp mode and Legacy mode).
- 2 internal trimmers: the first adjusts the 3-band EQ, the second adjusts the input gain and the output level of the effect.
Inside, we have a high quality PCB which only confirms the great care that our Greek friends bring to the manufacture of these pretty colorful pedals.
The Harmonious Monk MK.2 has 2 operating modes, Tap & Ramp and Legacy, accessible by pressing the two foot-switches. The Ramp mode allows you to have 2 Tremolo speeds and to switch from one to the other gradually, while adjusting the transition. Legacy mode Legacy mode offers you 3 different speeds (normal, x2 and x1.5) accessible via the Tap footswitch.
Once plugged in, the Harmonious Monk MK.2 impresses with its musicality, the progressiveness of its controls and the fact that whatever the setting, it sounds! The proposed LFOs are pleasant, natural and totally usable in a guitaristic context as well as with a keyboard or other. The Tap Tempo's doubled Ramp mode is absolutely awesome, approaching what you'd get on some high-end Leslie pedals. It's warm, thick, dynamic, it doesn't blow, it has a nice color and doesn't degrade your signal. The possibilities are almost limitless.
The JAM Pedals Harmonious Monk MK.2 is surely one of the most complete tremolos on the market. Its superb sound signature, its excess functions and its manufacturing quality make it a best-seller sold at almost half the price of certain "boutique" models. A must have of its kind.