In Japan, controllers designed specifically for pedals have been around for over 25 years. Yukihiro Hayashi was the forerunner in the field by developing the Providence PEC-1 many years ago, then its updated version integrating MIDI support (PEC-2) and a more compact version called PEC-04. It was in 2013 that Yuki, after founding his own brand, launched his latest high-end audio MIDI controller, completely redesigned and improved. This is called the ARC-3. Successor of the excellent ARC-3, the ARC-4 takes up the basics while maintaining its status as the flagship of the Japanese brand and now benefits from its latest technical innovations as well as a revised and corrected interface while integrating many new features.
Developed over the past few years, the ARC-4 is the ideal control interface for professional guitarists and bassists, having been proven for over 100 hours live on the biggest Japanese stages (Tokyo Budokan, Tokyo Dome, Yokohama Arena etc...) and the biggest recording studios. The most important Japanese groups use it: Luna Sea, L'Arc-En-Ciel, One Ok Rock, Aimer, Tube, Mr. Children, Gazette and many others. All the difference is there, as always with Free The Tone, the biggest Japanese groups and professionals in the sector have a role in the development of the brand's products. The ARC-4 is designed for musicians first and foremost, so it benefits from an extremely clear, intuitive interface and a "bulletproof" design.
For this version 4, all functions have been improved. Now each bank and preset can be named. A Setlist mode has been added to allow you to combine banks with setlists at will. Support for a MIDI clock and bank select function is also added. You can easily synchronize the ARC-4 with external sequencer software. In addition, the ARC-4 offers you many practical features such as Stereo Loops, Boost, Phase Invert, etc... Everything you need for gigs or recording.
What makes the difference between the Free The Tone ARC-4 and all other switchers of its kind?
Transparency - The ARC-4 is the nerve center of your system, it must offer zero coloration, zero loss of dynamics and absolutely no modification of your original sound. The only thing it should do is allow your effects to sound their best without any degradation. It does, with the greatest transparency and best buffer of its kind on the market.
Reliability - Every piece of PCB, every switch, every section that makes up the ARC-4 is replaceable without any tools, except a screwdriver to open the case, in less than a few seconds. This unique design allows the ARC-4 to be the most reliable and best-engineered machine available today.
Ease of use - A paramount thing for all guitar tech and users on the planet. The programming is extremely simple and the maintenance is a model of its kind. The foot-switches are stepped and spaced 80mm apart for optimal use. The number of sub-menus has been reduced to a strict minimum and the interface has been designed to have as many direct accesses as possible and to be able to edit presets very quickly.
The specifications are exhaustive:
- Entirely made in Yokohama, Japan
- Quality of Military Grade components, minimum tolerance thresholds
- Aluminum frame, screen and circuit insulated (water, humidity etc...)
- Simplified repair and maintenance thanks to an intelligent design
- Clear and logical interface, control panel grouping access to all the different functions for quick and intuitive use
- Master / Slave function via Link cable to be able to combine two ARC-3s (one on stage, the other backstage)
- Mute function (can be assigned to different locations in the audio chain) that can be controlled remotely
- Advanced MIDI functions (copy, swap, PC, CC...)
- Ultra transparent HTS buffer and phase inversion
- Number of effect loops: 8 [Serial loops: 7 (mono loops: 5 / stereo loops: 2), independent loop: 1]
- Number of presets: 200 banks x 10 presets. A total of 2000 accessible presets.
- Additional (remote) controls: 4 (latch or momentary)
- Input impedance: 1 MΩ (HTS-IN)
- Output load impedance: min. 10kΩ (HTS-OUT / OUT-A / OUT-B)
- Boost: 0 to +14dB
- Mains adapter: 12VDC
- Consumption: approx. 750mA
- Dimensions: 38.6 cm (W) x 15.2 cm (D) x 8.15 cm (H all inclusive)
- Weight: 2.1 kg (without accessories)
The ARC-4 will be the centerpiece of your system and will centralize / automate your configuration. The possibilities for interaction and connection are exhaustive, so the ARC-4 will be an indispensable tool for all guitarists with an advanced audio system. To top it off, the ARC is one of the most compact machines on the market. Tested and approved on some of the biggest stages in the world. THE benchmark of its kind.